Content

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tutorial : Coloring Face and Hair - Step by Step

Tutorial for Coloring Face and Hair - Step by Step, anime style. This is the first tutorial I make. This one kinda simple, I hope this might be useful to you all guys. But, first of all, you should have a scanlated sketch before start.

Tools I use :
  • Program : Corel Painter IX
  • Brushes : Oil - Fine Camel, Blenders - Smudge

First, lets start with the face!
Applying the base color..




Adding the darker one..


And blend it using Blender - Smudge

Hmm.. Nice!

Now, lets start coloring the eyes!


The sketch will make this looks bad, so I erase it..


Adding the base color..


Use light color to make it shiny


Blend it again!


Adding darker color above the light color..


And.. Sparkling!


Now, the hair.. use the base colors..


And... choose the area you want it looks darker..



Blend it!





Use light colors..



And blend it again! ... Love the smudge blender!



The colors looks boring, so I added more colors using Airbrush - Soft Airbrush tools


Now, looks more Yumm...


The result..


~Picavel

2 comments:

orangizenk says:
at: July 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM said...

Great Job!
What kind of software did u use?
I don't recognize the preface and "blend" tool sound unfamiliar for me..Heheheheh..
Overall, that's real rocks!!

PiA says:
at: July 26, 2009 at 7:36 AM said...

wah ko heri..

It's been said before.. I use Corel Painter IX for this one.. and Blend tool is one of the brushes on this program..

Thanks :D

Post a Comment

Category

Something

This blog is for my gallery, you can find some pictures with anime or manga style here. Currently practicing using SAI. I usually use Adobe Photosop or Painter IX. Enjoy!

Followers